1) HOW DO I LOGIN TO TRIAL iLESSON?
PART 1: (Ted Ed Access)
2. Enter your EnglishiExcel assigned Trial gmail account: email@example.com
3. You should see that you’re signed in as Trial in the top-right corner of the Ted Ed page.
4. After you log into EnglishiExcel page to complete your assignments (Part 2 Instructions below), you MUST always click SAVE your answers within Ted Ed.
PART 2: (EnglishiExcel Trial Foundation/Intermediate Access)
2. Click on Student Centre
4. Click on Foundation OR Intermediate
5. Submit Passwords:
Foundation Password: eietf
Intermediate Password: eieti
You should be able to see all the Assignments on that page:
6. Complete all 4-Part Assignments.(*Note for Parents: Please let your child complete all assignments on his/her own. They may be be challenging but please don't worry. Ask your child to do his/her best. Clarifications would be given during the iChats.)
PART 3: Google Meet (iChat)
1. Go to Google Meet on your computer (https://meet.google.com/) and sign in as firstname.lastname@example.org.Password: eiec2019a
2. You may also wish to download the Google Meet app for your devices.
**If you are logged in correctly as Trial2019, you should be able to see this:
3. Please WAIT (not initiate a video call because that would open the wrong Meet) for the invitation on the appointed day and time.
4. Check your eie.Trial2019@gmail.com account for this email:
You may either simply click on JOIN MEETING (in green) OR copy the URL link directly and paste it into your browser. (*please use Google Chrome because it is a more stable browser for Google Meet)
You should see that you are already in the Meet iChat room and click on ASK TO JOIN THE MEETING (in green):
5. You may wish to contact WhatsApp 61449882888 if you have any issues.
We look forward to our iChat with you at our pre-arranged iChat date and time!
2) HOW DO JOIN MY LIVE iCHAT USING 2 DEVICES?
INSTRUCTIONS To Get on Live iChat:
1) download Google Meet on separate device or on your computer OR download the free Google Meet app.
2) *Important:: you MUST sign into Google Meet using your gmail account, for example, email@example.com and enter your password (Password: eiec2019a) for your gmail.
3) wait for invitation (in your firstname.lastname@example.org account) to join Meet iChat from email@example.com
4) accept invitation to join Live video iChat with iTutor
3) HOW DO I ACCESS MY ONLINE ASSIGNMENTS?
INSTRUCTIONS To Access Online Assignments:
5) open computer to web site: www.englishiexcel.com
6) click on Student Centre on Main Menu
7ii) click on your registered Foundation/Intermediate/Advanced tab (for your subsequent/SECOND lesson onwards)
8) enter your issued password
9) scroll down to see iChat Assignments etc.
10) follow instructions on page for iModules for the week
4) HOW DO I ACCESS MY ONLINE ASSIGNMENTS
AND STILL BE ON ICHAT LIVE (on Hangouts) ON JUST ONE COMPUTER?
1) You may simply open TWO applications (a browser such as Google Chrome, Safari, Edge etc.) AND your Hangouts (https://hangouts.google.com/) page in TWO windows.
2) Close all other windows and applications so that you are not confused by too many open pages/applications.
3) Click on your EnglishiExcel.com page (on your browser) and maximise that window.
4) Open your Hangouts page/Live iChat Video window and re-size it into a smaller window.
MISSION CONTROL icon ON APPLE /MAC FOUND ON THE BOTTOM MENU.
5) Move that Video iChat box directly under your camera (green light)
6) If you are on a Mac, move your cursor onto Mission Control on the bottom menu and Click on your EnglishiExcel page already open on your browser. This pops up your Assignment page. If you are on a Microsoft computer or Android device, multiple windows may also be re-sized and re-arranged.
7) Then move your cursor onto Mission Control again & now click on your active Google Meet iChat window and this is what you should see as shown on the image below.
8) If you scroll on your EnglishiExcel.com Assignment page and the Meet iChat disappears, simply move your cursor over Mission Control again & click on your Meet iChat window.
9) Remember to open your Ted-Ed (http://ed.ted.com) window & sign in as well.
10) Happy iChatting!
screenshot of hangouts video ichat window re-sized & arranged above chrome browser open on englishiexcel..com assignment page.
5) How do I find the Text box for Group Chat ?
The screenshot illustrates this:
1) As you can see in the screenshot, there are TWO (People + Chat) tabs on the top right hand corner. If you tap on the Chat, it shows text messages sent. The bottom right is the dialogue box for you to type and enter when you are ready to send.
2) To see the PEOPLE (including yourself) in the group, just tap on that tab.
3) The bottom menu (when you move your cursor for it to pop up) allows you to hang up, mute your audio, mute your video or present to share your window. We shall discuss these advanced features in our next iChat.
6) WHAT MUST I DO TO PREPARE FOR MY iCHAT?
1) Do remember to check in at least 10 minutes before your iChat so that you would not miss part of the session because you are having technical issues that need to be sorted out earlier.
2) As well, spend 10-15 minutes reviewing your assignments so that your answers are fresh in your mind.
7) HOW DO I SIGH IN TO COMPLETE A TED ED VIDEO iLESSON?
Type http://ed.ted.com/ into your browser address (URL) field
Sign into your account with your assigned email address.
Click on “Watch” to view the video
Click on “Think” to begin your iLessons
Click “Save” to save your answer and have it reviewed.
8) HOW DO I RECORD LIVE ON YOUTUBE?
A) Follow these steps to set up Hangouts On Air with YouTube Live:
Click New live event.
Select Quick (using Google Hangouts On Air).
Give your live stream a title.
Click Go live now or enter in details to schedule your event for later.
Use Hangouts to broadcast live.
DO wait for your YouTube video to complete optimising before you attempt to email the link using these instructions:
B) How to Send a YouTube (or any) Link via Email
There are many times when you want to direct your friends to a good video you have seen, or to send them a link to a web page that you want to share.
Below I will show you how to do this by just following along step-by-step with the instructions below. If you would prefer to watch it on video, just click below:Remember that there are more ways than one to do this, and I am showing you a quick and easy way using your mouse.
Get used to using your mouse when you can, and it will save you lots of time in the long run.
Find the YouTube video (or link) that you want to share. You could find it in various places, for example in the browser or address bar at the very top of your page, or in a document that you have received from someone.
Look at the browser (or title) bar, where you will find the link for the YouTube video, and left click with your mouse to place your cursor behind the link on the line.
The line will either a) immediately be highlighted in blue, or b) you should drag your mouse over the link (holding down the left click) to highlight it.
Right click your mouse on the highlighted (blue) link and a menu will drop down.
The link will now be saved.
Open a new email to your friend and, inside the body of the email, right click.
From the menu that drops down, left click on ‘Paste’.
You will now have the link in the email and you can write a message and send it.
Note: You will notice that the link may be ‘hyperlinked’ – meaning that it is underlined and ‘live’ and, when clicked, you will be taken straight to the site.
If it is not hyperlinked, your friend will need to highlight it (see Step Three b) above), copy it (see Step Four above), and paste it into the browser (or title) bar.
It’s like you are doing the process back to the beginning again.
Go and practice and soon you will be doing this like a pro !
Good luck and happy sharing!
9) HOW TO DOWNLOAD SOUNDCLOUD FILES FROM ENGLISHIEXCEL CHANNEL?
1) Go to
2) Click on selected track
3) See menu below with icons below each track
4) Click on last icon (...)
5) click on Download